The church in Kunoy was consecrated in 1867. The timber was worked on the flat rocky beach, and people from Kunoy built the church themselves. The church and the churchyard are preserved ancient monuments, but are still used for church purposes. In 1938 the Plymouth Brethren built a hall to hold Christian meetings in. The hall was much used in the time after it was made, but activity has dwindled since the island has been connected to the other islands.