The aqua centre
Waterfalls, a Jacuzzi area, sauna, health cubicles and colourful underwater lighting. The Aqua Centre in Klaksvík has much more to offer than a regular public pool. You can come here to relax and nurture your senses, to play boisterously with your kids or to sweat away worries and stress.
The Aqua Centre in Klaksvík opened in 1974, is newly renovated and offers the following:
- The biggest water park in the Faroe Islands
- A pool heated to 29-30 oC with two waterfalls, three water guns, a Jacuzzi area, a 44 metre long slide and colourful underwater lightning
- A 25 metre pool heated to 26.5 oC with six lanes
- A warm pool heated to 29-31 oC that is especially well suited for children
- Sauna and sun beds in in both male and female areas
- Two health cubicles with infra-red lightning and daylight, which also are equipped with radio and a cd-player. These are well suited for people who struggle with rheumatism or simply wish to calm down and nurture their entire body.
In the café you can buy coffee, cakes, toast, pizza rolls, refreshing drink and sweets. A variety of swimming gear is also for sale.
For opening hours see here